Little Treasures Schoolhouse is committed to providing a safe, healthy, and fun learning environment. We will continue to use our healthy habits such as hand washing, and our cleaning routine will be enhanced to provide a safe environment for your child. Together our wonderful educators and administrators will educate children in a positive way regarding enhanced hand washing, using tissues when needed, and the use of facial masks when social distancing is not possible.
Providing the safest environment possible
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have made changes to our environment and policies to provide the safest environment possible. We have increased staffing, purchased more supplies and toys, purchased more furniture to enable social distancing within the classroom, provide individual art/craft bins for children, enhanced cleaning and disinfecting, completed enhanced training, changed our drop off and pick up routines, and we are prepared for a fun-filled learning adventure.
It is our mission to keep our children, staff, and families as safe and healthy as possible during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. We understand that contact tracing is still in effect, and this is burdensome for working parents. We strive to limit the potential exposure to COVID-19 and possibilities of contact tracing and quarantine regulations.
We have temporary provisions in place during this time.
Some of these policies are:
- Masks – All staff are required by the Dept. of EEC to wear masks while inside the schools.
- We have seen a significant reduction in illness while the children have been wearing masks. Children over the age of 3 are encouraged to wear masks inside the school when they are engaging in play where they cannot be socially distanced. Children do not wear masks while outside, and inside while eating, drinking, snack time, lunchtime, and at rest time. Children may take a break from wearing a mask at any time.
- Children enrolled in our TAS programs wear masks while inside. (Grades Kindergarten = 5th grade)
- To limit the potential of contact tracing, at this time parents must make an appointment to enter the schools.
- Children’s drop-offs and pick-ups are done at the door.
- Parents complete a daily (online or paper form) screening form for their children before drop off.
- Tuition is due each week including school closings, not limited to holidays, illness, vacations, inclement weather, planned or unplanned absences.
- Tuition is due for covid related closings such as BOH mandated quarantine, mandated classroom or school closings.
- Parents are encouraged to have staggered drop-off and pick-up times.
- Based upon the Dept of EEC guidance and regulations, COVID-19 regulations may change.
Keeping our families and staff healthy and safe is our top priority. If you plan to travel outside of MA, please follow the MA travel guidelines. You can find them at: https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-travel